[CAUT] damp chaser vs room humidifers

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 08:08:23 PST 2008

Hi Henry,

In a home situation, a room humidifier may be a more viable option than in a school building because the ventilation system brings in hot or cool air, but does not evacuate the air in the room.  At my school, there are two vents in every room, one to bring air in and another to take it out to the next room (and on down the line).  The room in which our double bass students store their instruments has a room humidifier in it which has what would be more than ample capacity, if not for the fact that the air is circulated throughout the building as I just explained (with outside air always being introduced to the system).  So, even though that bass storage room is fairly small, the humidifier cannot begin to keep up with the demands of raising the humidity level throughout the building.  YMMV.

Alan Eder

CalArts