[CAUT] buzzing truck

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Mon May 19 08:56:49 MDT 2008

Hi-

....and thanks for all the suggestions.  I will try some lubrication and
see how that goes.  One thing I didn't mention is that our pianos get
moved a lot,  too much.  We don't yet have a large music performance
hall so the big events get set up either in our chapel or in the gym.
Probably during one these moves the nut weld broke for the set bolt on
the rear arm of that truck in question. That was another argument for
maybe just replacing the whole thing, but I will try some of these
tricks mentioned and see how that goes.  It makes perfect sense that
with countless moves in recent years the truck should be checked over
and reset without weight, maybe even lubed up, then reloaded.  Always
somethin'.....    Actually, our movers are coming again later this week,
so I may just work it out with them.

thanks again,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College