[CAUT] S&S A vs. S&S O

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu May 8 13:31:25 MDT 2008

I would recommend the O.  Simply because the difference in performance
is not IMHO worth the difference in price.  Actually... If I was
Steinway I think I'd make the O, the B, C, and D.... and leave all other
models including all uprights in the realm of Bostons and Essexes... but
then I'm not a major international corporation with all kinds of
business savvy. :)

Cheers
RicB

    Hi All,

    I am soliciting opinions about the 2 (relatively) new Steinway models A
    and O. We are looking into purchasing some new studio pianos here and I
    have yet to encounter and tune these two models so am curious about what
    opinions and comparisons anybody who has experience tuning and/or
    playing these pianos might have.

    Thanks!

    Eric