[CAUT] Bass bridge, string scale, cantilevered bridge, tone

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat May 3 14:49:32 MDT 2008

At 13:18 -0700 3/5/08, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

>(Yes, I know I should have used a shorter loop on the bass strings.)
>
>Del

I'm surprised the finishing coils don't touch the plate where the
original bearing was meant to be.  In the contecy of back-lengths,
the German eye seems the way to go.  Ibach always used German eyes
and Brinsmead uses a double German eye.  If anyone can tell me the
advantage of a double German eye over a single, I'd like to know.