[CAUT] FW: QuicKey Leveler

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jun 30 15:25:23 MDT 2008

List,

Those of you at the convention saw this new tool. I told the fellow that after leveling with this device if you could add a weight and accurately measure dip that this would be, IMO, even more valuable than the key leveling aspect. What do you think? I like to see new/different ideas.

Simply put for those who weren't there, this device sets up and measures key height by contacting each key and then a computer tells you to put in whatever punching is needed for a "one pass" key leveling job. That's how I understood it anyway. It seems like a consistent weight carrying the probe to the bottom of the key dip is the next logical step.

IMO this tool is pricy for just leveling. Add dip, maybe I'd consider it. Figure out how to lay perfect dip and aftertouch... well, I'm even more interested! Until then I'll do it the old fashioned way.

Jim Busby BYU