[CAUT] Which S&S replacement action parts?

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 16:13:20 MDT 2008

Hi David,

I'm glad you brought this up.  I was going to ask folks about their
technique, but I'm sort of shy.  ;-)  I do the same, though I was slightly
unnerved by a colleague when he looked at me like I was from Mars when I did
it.  I will have the chance in about a week and a half to check out one of
the pianos I repinned recently.  It will be interesting to test out a few of
those centers.

Different flange cloths require different "recipes for repinning"--as I call
them.   The most difficult for me is pinning the jack.  I guess it's because
it is pinned sort of loose and it takes quite a sensitive touch to get
consistent results.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois