[CAUT] String Scale for a Steinway O Curved bass bridge

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Thu Jun 26 14:41:01 MDT 2008

Michael, Scott -
I happened to see this post and thought, why not ask Steinway, so I did.

David Kirkwood read me the current 0/L scale, which is slightly
different than both posted, neither of which can be correct, as they
only add up to 56 unisons, having left out 16 1/2.  The current scale
is the same as the "no serial number" except it has six unisons of 16
1/2.  He said that there were a fe early O's that employed two wound
unisons on the tenor bridge.  That's what he says.  good luck

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY