[CAUT] Louisiana State SOM Position

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 11:44:08 MDT 2008

Jeff writes:

> Our profession is quite unique in this way. We are so isolated and job
> openings occur relatively infrequently compared to other professions and so we
> must band together in some way to benefit the whole.  We are as strong as our
> weakest link, and as long as we have qualified technicians who accept lower
> salaries because they don't share the same perspective on economic issues, then
> we are a weak chain.

   I am not sure, but what you seem to be advocating is either price fixing,
or restraint of trade.   That would be suicide for the Guild to try to support
that.

> The reason Wim's son, the CPA makes half a million is because other CPAs
> have worked to increase the market value of their profession.

      I disagree.   I know several CPA's that make far less than that.   I
would suggest that he is making that much money because he has proven his own
worth to those that can pay him that rate.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.