[CAUT] Louisiana State SOM Position

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 17 08:51:47 MDT 2008

Yes, I became bitter over time as I realized I'd been lied to and misled about the future.  I was committed to the university and there was no reciprocal commitment. That will make anyone bitter. But if it paid enough to live on and there had been a commitment from the administration for a real program of maintenance beyond telling the guy they hired to just work harder, I would have been quite happy to stay there on and on.

But the point is, the earnings situation around the country isn't going to get any better until we start standing up for ourselves.  As long as we are doormats, that is how we will be treated. If we want to change it, it starts with us.  So, that's what I did.

If you don't want to see change, just keep on with the status quo.
Jeff