[CAUT] A Romance on Three Legs by Katie Hafne

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 19:31:40 MDT 2008

Speaking of really good reads...

'The Rest is Noise'...Alex Ross...

A brilliant  look at what was going on socially, politically and
personally, with the 20th century composers ... in Germany, the USA,
Russia, England......from about 1900 to 1950... Stravinsky, Debussy,
Schoenberg, Copeland, Britten etc.... Most excellent.

Since I'm new to the list, I assume 'Grand Obsession' has been talked
about here..yes? Also,    'Evening in the Palace of Reason: Bach meets
Frederick the Great in the Age of Enlightenment': James R.
Gaines....Who knew Bach was paid partially in beer?

Dan Reed
Dallas