[CAUT] Kalman Detrich

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Wed Jun 11 08:17:39 MDT 2008

Hi Arlan,

sorry the subject is sad.
Kalman Detrich (age 72) passed away out here on Sunday June 8 at Easton Hospital a few blocks away from my shop. I'm sure this loss will be felt by many New York Chapter members and friends as well others in the world of pianos. Services will be held Friday, June 13 at 11am in the James B. Gaffney Funeral Home, 314 South First Street, Bangor, PA. Call Friday from 10-11am in the funeral home. Burial will be in the St. John's Cemetery, Bangor. Bangor is aprox an hour and twenty minutes out Route 80W or Route 78W from the city when there is not much traffic.
It was a shock as I was planning to attend his scheduled talk on the history of the American Piano at the Slate Belt Heritage Center on Thursday (tomorrow). He was active to the end, and will be, I'm sure, most remembered for the Museum of the American Piano which he was founder of and Executive Director.
This is a sad loss for our Guild and the industry, he was such a leader and mentor.
The obituary appeared in the Tuesday, June 10, 2008 edition of the Easton Express-Times on page B-4. It is available at www.lehighvalleylive.com. click on Obituaries in the left hand column, then Kalman Detrich.
Due to my flight plans for the Anahein Convention I will not be able to attend the services.
Please inform the friends of Kalman Detrich.

Thank you,
Chris Solliday nervp