[CAUT] sostenuto history - Montal

Scott Jackson ScottWayneJackson at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:21:42 MDT 2008

Searching for Claude Montal, I found the following Braille history at
http://www.brailler.com/braillehx.htm

"Louis Braille was also not the only ground-breaking alumnus of the school's
early days. In 1830, Claude Montal taught himself the craft of tuning on an
old piano while a student at the school and eventually started a highly
successful program to teach this lucrative skill to other students. By 1834
he had published "How to Tune Your Piano Yourself" and went on to open his
own shop."

It seems that the history of sight impaired technicians goes back at least
150 years also.

Scott Jackson
Mt Keira, NSW, Australia.