[CAUT] Harpsichord transposing keyboard/ WT

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Jul 19 16:04:06 MDT 2008

Not Valotti-Young, as it has maybe even more key color than
Werckmeister. Something more on the lines of Victorian. Lehman/Bach is
a good suggestion along those lines. But really it would be better to
do separate tunings at each pitch, or just do ET. I had a similar
situation for the International Flute Society last summer, and they
actually needed to use the same instrument at both pitches in the same
concert. We settled on ET, after much back and forth about logistical
issues (Eg couldn't we manage to have two instruments for that
performance?)
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico