[CAUT] Forum format (wasRe: Requirementsforcontributing/posting; RPT status

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Fri Jul 18 06:14:38 MDT 2008

At 07:38 AM 7/18/2008, you wrote:
>Fred-
>Sounds good to me.
>Ed

Not sure it does to me.  As I tried to suggest before, (Thu, 17 Jul
2008 05:23:55 -0400 ) the various mechanical problems associated with
searching the list data is separate from editorially distilling the
various discussions, a la Wiki, etc.  Take one topic, subject,
thread, whatever, and try it.  You, we should probably first agree on
a format, so that information is easily exchanged and edited.  I
don't know what that would be.  If one of the complaints is the
fluff, or excess repetitive quoting, maybe you, we need to come up
with something like a style book that makes clear the protocols we
desire, and yet, stylistically, what might be most appropriate for
archiving, or wiki'ing, might not be best for the real time
conversation we value.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY