[CAUT] Tokai

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Thu Jul 17 12:10:46 MDT 2008

I have worked on one.  It tuned fine and sounded good, but had some action
regulation issues.

The people bought it in CA, I think, before they moved here (MO).  The touch
was quite heavy in the showroom, reportedly, and they asked the dealer to
fix that.  He did, sort of.  The fix was to torque the wippen assist springs
up to the point that repetition was seriously compromised.  I came on the
scene a few years later.  I re-adjusted the springs, but of course it was
heavier again, though not as bad as it originally was.  I told her to play
it a while and  if it was too heavy there were other things I could do.  She
had to cancel my next visit because of a death in her family, life got
sidetracked, and I¹ve never been back.

Other than that, it seemed to be an OK piano.

Regards,
Ken Z.

--
Ken Zahringer, RPT