[CAUT] Forum format (was Re: Requirementsforcontributing/posting; RPT status

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 21:52:19 MDT 2008

> The CAUT and Pianotech lists are basically discussions of opinions. They
> work because we know the persons and their contexts, and the flow of the
> discussions. It will be no small project to try to convert this flow of
> opinions into settled and organized objective information. In fact, I
> suspect that when we remove the persons and opinions, there might not be
> a lot left.

I disagree. If the information offered is graded and assessed
as opinion, according to who said it, without validation by
logic, reasonable scientific method, and trial by experience,
neither list has any value whatsoever for anything but light
entertainment. This is exactly the sort of attitude that, I
expect, will render any distillation of either list moot,
misleading, and ultimately more damaging than informative.

And who will be the one to make these decisions? As in what
seems to me to be more and more the case in every direction I
look, the least qualified will be the most active.

I could well be wrong, and it might prove to be worth a try.
I'll withhold judgment pending the first installment.

Without qualification,
Ron N