[CAUT] Time to Chill? - New Jersey Plates

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 13 04:11:18 MDT 2008

Dear David~

You wrote:

>Meanwhile, he should be treated the same as anyone else on these lists...
>subjected to the same abuse as anyone else, criticized for his writing
style
> and overuse of emoticons, same as anyone else.

Thank you for trying to make me feel at home, but I really only asked to be
a guest!  I really don't require any special treatment... unlike family
members...

>if his participation on this list is to be predicated upon his active
membership in PTG,
>I suspect someone is going to have to comb through Phil's numbers :
>CAUT - 377 Pianotech - 876 and begin pressing them to join as well.  Maybe
Phil?

Poor Phil, don't you think he has done enough already? He already came up
with one number for you: (65). Goodness knows how long that took him. C'mon,
let up on the guy and stop volunteering him for new assignments at your
every whim. THAT's the REAL problem with this organization! ;-).

As far as the "turmoil", I apologize. It really was never my intention to
create a firestorm. I really just wanted to know about tuning pins. Honest.
(Well, and maybe get to know a few people better...)

I perceive it is usually the new guest or the visitor in the house who
inadvertantly stumbles over the "elephant in the room," and brings it, to
his chagrin, to everyone's attention, simply because he doesn't understand
that it's neither supposed to be there, nor noticed. I take full
responsibility...   please don't anyone give up their vacation time on
account of me... let's be "sensible" as David puts it....

I am truly sorry. Please, continue where you left off when I entered. Let's
everyone try and forget everything I said, okay? --And that Karen said too,
while you're at it. --And, I guess, what several other people said as well.
;-)   )

(By the way, I am not a non-ex-member. (-I thought I made that clear). Being
a non-ex-member would make me a member, in my book. Watch your double
negatives.)

>I can't help thinking that for Kendall, or others with similar experiences,

>to overcome a history of ill-feelings to become part of the organization
would be akin to,
>after years of casting aspersion on the skills (and more) of the average
New Jersey driver,
>me moving there and having to display NJ plates on my car.  I would be
becoming the very
>daemon I created.

Excellent analogy, and very eloquent, David. I truly believe you grasped the
concept.

(~Except in this case I don't believe that I created it. That's giving me
far too much credit.)

>Personally, I think Kendall would have the easier challenge.

(Personally, David, yes, I believe you're correct. It would be much easier
for me to drive with New Jersey plates. -KRB)

Affectionately~

Kendall Ross Bean

PianoFinders
www.pianofinders.com <http://www.pianofinders.com/>