[CAUT] Tuning Pin Questions

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Tue Jul 8 08:18:14 MDT 2008

I only have expertise in one area here, but I¹ll share it.  Bluing is a rust
preventative surface treatment for steel.  It was once the most common means
of rust prevention, but now is used only occasionally, mainly for gun
barrels and tuning pins.  Technological advances have made plating and
stainless steel much cheaper than they used to be so they are now the norm,
except in applications where those materials don¹t work very well ­ like gun
barrels and tuning pins.

Regards,
Ken Z.
--