[CAUT] a simple question

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 09:36:33 MDT 2008

>Cold hide glue is fine for bushings or damper felt if you don't want to work
>with a glue pot (which I don't) and I use it in those applications.

I recently had to do a Chickering grand damper job over because the cold
hide glue didn't hold with the piano being on a small peninsula. Also the wires
kept turning because they weren't held tight enough by the threading, so I
installed sockets and installed new felt with hot hide glue.

It looks like when I'll do a follow-up timing re-set (after settling)
I'll pull them all
again along with the tray and install assist springs, the wire
arrived a few weeks
after this job was done. It'll be a non-standard spring configuration
so I'll have to
fabricate them.
--

Regards,