[CAUT] a simple question

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jul 1 06:34:26 MDT 2008

Good call Tim.  I'll switch to that next time.  too late this time ;>)

pw

Tim Coates <tcoates1 at sio.midco.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
07/01/2008 05:52 AM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] a simple question

Paul,

I learned from others on this list about using Titebond Trim and Molding
glue for installing hammers.   I haven't used a glue like yellow titebond
for 25 years to install hammers.  It takes too long for the very reasons
you are asking  about and makes it very difficult to remove the hammers if
need be.   I had used hide glue for years, but then Dave Porritt mentioned
the Trim and Molding glue and I haven't looked back.

In my climate it doesn't breakdown in cold, dry winter months.  The joint
is easily broken with heat if need be.  The joint sets up very quickly so
there are none of the issues you are asking about.

Tim Coates