[CAUT] Natural key width

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Jan 31 18:16:02 MST 2008

List,

I quizzed one of the piano faculty about the 7/8 keyboard and here is his reply;

<<< It's an interesting idea and it makes sense.

 Ultimately though - I think it is impractical. Students would need to solely practice on it - AND in lessons - AND in concert - AND anywhere else they have to play the piano.  I think it sets a precedent that will never be able to be followed for the students-  in the real world - they will be lucky to find one of those pianos in a 3-5 state region.

Interesting - but not practical....

(In my humble opinion...) >>>

FWIW,
Jim Busby