[CAUT] Natural key width

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jan 29 14:02:19 MST 2008

Thanks for the details, Dave. I wasn't aware that this was such a
"full system." Thought it was mostly a standard action attached to a
custom keyframe/set of keys. Sounds like a winner.
	I'll retain my skepticism about the "technician who keeps people
happy" when it comes to the hinterlands - and I would include
Albuquerque and New Mexico in that. There are a number of venues in NM
that have D's and "kinda sorta" keep touring artists happy, and all
they do is hire a "tuner," who often has next to zero skills in real
concert prep. I bet it's the same in many other areas of the country
and the world. As a way to get started, it's probably best to stick to
the caut circuit.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico