[CAUT] Natural key width

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 25 11:43:21 MST 2008

The industry standard, if there is one, is the 48 inch keyboard (although
Steinway current production is 48 3/8²).  Divide that up over 52 white keys,
and there isn¹t really any variation possible in key spacing, and any
significant variation in width just gives the Letterman effect.  The DS 7/8
keyboard is 42 inches.  We don¹t have one here, but I have heard several
very positive reviews of it.

Regards,
Ken Z.

--