[CAUT] bridge cap sanding

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 24 10:05:00 MST 2008

> I like the idea behind epoxying the pins - no pin upward movement

If you don't epoxy or CA them in, you'll most likely have the
same false beats you had before you restrung it, because you
didn't fix the original problem. If you do epoxy them in, you
won't because you did. The bridge cap will still move the
strings up and *down* the string some, but not quite as much
as before. Strings don't stay up bridge pins.

>- but
> is there no concern with removing them in the future?

They'll still pull out if you need to.

>Otherwise, I
> guess you'd have to seat the bridge pins every tuning, huh?
> Jeff F

No, because seating strings doesn't fix anything. The strings
aren't up the pins.
Ron N