[CAUT] pictures of new key weighting pattern

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Jan 9 11:23:43 MST 2008

Chris,

I use wood plugs too and haven't had any problem with drill bit
wandering if that's the issue. I use a good, sharp forstner bit.  I
place the plugs with the grain running 90 deg. to the key's grain which
stops any splitting from overzealous lead swaging.  I've even been
fairly successful at finding wood for the plugs that matches the key's
color. Sitka spruce is good.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT

Director of Piano Services