[CAUT] Fiberboard

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 8 14:27:22 MST 2008

Well, I'm back to the search for fiberboard. The reddish stuff inside
the bushing cloth under the strings between pins and agraffes. What
are you all using, anyway? The old piece recovered? Gluing up 2 or 3
layers is a nuisance. Of course, it occurs to me that cutting the
thick stuff will be interesting.

The Steinway factory is reputed to use 3 thicknesses, only one of
which (the thinnest) is available from parts.

Bob Marinelli indicated a willingness to consider carrying this stuff
if I could supply specifics, particularly a supplier. No luck there
yet, but I'm moving to more elaborate search plans. I'll post what I
can find.

Doug Wood