[CAUT] Mason & Hamlin agraffes

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Mon Jan 7 20:05:21 MST 2008

Alan, Mark and Fred,

Thanks for the tips on the proper use of the reamers. Fred, I can see
the radius difference by using a magnifying glass on the reamer I
have and zooming in the picture on the MSC site. The reamer I have
looks like a countersink with a pilot point. The one on the MSC site
has a gentle radius transition starting from the point.

I will go with the polishing suggestion Alan mentioned if I can find
a proper polishing tip locally. Otherwise, it will be the slower
method as I want to try fixing the buzz as soon as possible. This
problem is getting on my customer's nerves a good bit so I would like
to be the hero sooner rather than later. :-)

Thanks,
Don

Don McKechnie
Piano Technician