[CAUT] bridge-pin experiment

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Jan 7 08:38:57 MST 2008

Happens quite frequently. I've even seen cases where the addition of CA
on a non false beating string has resulted in the thing getting a false
beat.

Those of you all into this screwdriver test... try putting pressure
beyond the point where the beat slows down and stops. Then start looking
for explanations as to why the false beat will start up again and get
faster the more you increase pressure.

Its all very interesting I'm sure... still doesn't change the basic fact
that CA is quite effective in treating the classic false beat.... which
in the end is the only thing of practical importance for most of us.

Cheers
RicB

    Has anyone come across a false beat where touching the bridge pin with a
    screwdriver works as a detection tool where treating the pin with CA
    glue
    has failed to cure the falseness?

    Don Rose