[CAUT] bridge-pin experiment

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Mon Jan 7 07:52:54 MST 2008

Hi Joe,

You missed string not seated on plate at hitch pin, string not seated
(lifted?) at agraffes and humidity change (very low humidity) in your list
of "possible causes" for false beats. As you said *lots of causes*.

Has anyone come across a false beat where touching the bridge pin with a
screwdriver works as a detection tool where treating the pin with CA glue
has failed to cure the falseness?

At 10:58 AM 1/2/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>   Ah, yous guys is finally startin to  listen, BUT, it will not cure all,
>BUT it sure makes the  unison cleaner and much easier to work with in
>voicing. Strings can exhibit false beats when Bridge pins are loose,  kinks
>in speaking length, rust pits in speaking length Notching faulty, waste end
>not muted, purpousful design of the manufacture to make the  piano sound
>louder, speaking length has been stretched too  far so that there are thin
>unequal  segments, mouse rust spots, others? I'm sure there are.   Joe
Goss RPT
>Mother Goose Tools

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner