[CAUT] duplex position

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 4 11:15:01 MST 2008

I think that argumentation on both sides of this question points in
the direction that placement of duplex bars does make a difference.
Plus the majority of all the informal experimentation we see on these
lists goes in that direction. The only real question is which exactly
of the various <<differences>> one prefers.

If one prefers the result one gets by this or that placement... or by
removing them all together then by all means go with that. But it
seems self evident that they do make a difference... for better or
worse.... all after ones own preferences.

Cheers
RicB

If it is really of no consequence, you could toss them and drill and
install
vertical hitches. That would allow you to adjust the rear component
for
downbearing.

FWIW,

Alan