[CAUT] Gravalla Tension regulator

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Sep 25 16:53:31 MDT 2007

Thanks Scott...for the thoughts... this is exactly the kind of response
I was after... one way or the other concrete advice on removing that
little piece of wood  in favour of the tension regulator... or not.

This might actually be an instrument I can try out the opposing magnet
idea on... I mean heck... if that turns out to be a silly idea then I
can just as easily try riblets afterwards.  And it might also be a way
of seeing whether or not its actually the soundboards stiffness as per
what riblets can actually provide for thats in the picture here... or
stiffness in the sense of further support for the soundboard against
downbearing that opposing magnets would supply.  Opposing magnets would
alter the spring rate of the board unless I am mistaken.... yes ?

Cheers
RicB

     >Steinway's methods of stiffening the assembly seem to work really
    well, and
     >they seem to hold up at least as well over time as other methods.
    I would