[CAUT] By Joe, I think you've done it!

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Sep 24 08:51:00 MDT 2007

Hi list,

I just did some measuring, trying different wips, etc., but just on middle
c on that '79 Steinway B(time issue).... It does have 17mm shanks, so
we're there with that. With a standard Steinway (Renner) wip, the DW went
from 68g to 49g!  :>) I needed to lower the capstans a lot!  NOW, when I
tried the turbo wips, it became too light, BUT,  this could give me a
chance to remove some of the leads from the front of the keys.  Also, the
thicker wip cushion helped the "line" quite a bit since I had to lower the
cap a bunch.

Turbo or No?

Thank you all for the help.  I've learned quite a bit being here!

Kippis (cheers in Finnish)

Paul