[CAUT] Riblets (was Gravalla Tension regulator)

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 24 07:03:15 MDT 2007

Yep, these riblets can do magic.
I put two on a 1912 M with a weak spot in octave 5, and the sound came back.
They seem to work by adding a bit of stiffness to the board.
They can be tested with minimal damage to the piano, just a screw hole
through the bottom of the soundboard and into the bridge.
Fandrich and Sons is now offering them for sale.
Ed Sutton