[CAUT] Key ratio measurement (was Re: moving capstans question)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Sep 23 13:51:33 MDT 2007

Hi folks

John Page was kind enough to point out a typo below...  "outputs Hammer
Radius Weight" should read "outputs Key Radius Weights"

Cheers
RicB

    I generally install a Strike Weight curve I know I can counter weight
    with moderate key leading amounts... then temporarily lead  4-5 C's to
    see how close I am to my target BW.  My spreadsheet for this takes
    input values for Ratio, Hammer Radius Weight, Whippen Radius Weight and
    Target BW and outputs Hammer Radius Weight's.  You can actually adjust
    any of the inputs to compensate for whatever discrepancy in the Target
    BW from the actual resultant one that emerges from my 4-5 samples and
    then recalculate all FW's to get dead on your BW target.