[CAUT] voicing tools (was Re: The "new" S&S Hammers.)

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Sep 18 15:52:14 MDT 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Douglas Wood wrote:

> Fred, got any pictures? I use a multiple-needle tool, but part of
> what it does is to limit depth so shift voicing is fast.
>
> Doug
Not the greatest photography, but maybe it shows enough to get the
idea. They aren't real ergonomic (I've been mulling how to design
something to attach to them for better grip, though they work okay as
is and give good tactile feedback), but they are nice and compact to
go in the kit, and to lay out the assortment on the stretcher. I have
two spacings for #12 and #10, plus a #8 and a #6. And a little
sandpaper paddle on the left for mating and whatnot.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu