[CAUT] steinway reproducer

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Mon Sep 17 16:33:52 MDT 2007

Do not EVER remove the player action from a grand and toss it for the sake
of making a quick buck.   There are getting to be fewer of them every year
and they ARE collectors items.  At the moment the market value for them is
depressed, in fact mechanical music machine collecting and rebuilding as a
whole is very down, but it's cyclical and will come around again someday.
If someone has a reproducing grand be it Ampico, DuoArt, Welte, Recordo, or
whatever, and they don't care about the player, urge them to buy something
more suitable for their needs and preserve the players for those who
appreciate and respect them.  Upright pumper players are another story,
(although I discourage random tossing just for the sake of doing so), but
player grands ARE historical collectibles that are worth more in living
history then money.  Those who have never heard one completely and properly
rebuilt are in for a treat when they finally do.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV