[CAUT] My take on them, (was The "new" S&S Hammers).

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Sep 14 05:08:49 MDT 2007

Ed:

I find I agree with you on all you have written below.  I have the same
ideas about voicing (hard core, more resilient strike point).  We have 5
new (still under warranty) Steinways with factory hammers.  They are all
deeply grooved and look like Renners after 20 years.  I should be
replacing them soon but undoubtedly will filing them trying to get a
little more use from them.

I would recommend trying a set of the Ronsen Wurzen hammers.  I think
they'll work well with your approach to voicing.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu