[CAUT] Return of the swallow

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 11 19:14:30 MDT 2007

RE: [CAUT] Return of the swallowBill,

That's a very creative subject heading!  I laughed out loud.

I've done this job, it was one of my first service calls after getting out of school, 25 years ago, or so. That was a fine howdy-do!  I was there within an hour of the <event.>   Here's what I remember--besides the spaghetti...

After using a plastic spatula, I used a lot of dry paper towels, damp paper towel, and fairly wet paper towels.  I don't remember using bleach water, but I must have used some sort of cleaner in one of the batches of water, maybe Mr. Clean, maybe dish soap.  After washing everything off, I gently used my heat gun (at a distance) where I had used water on wood.  For lack of any other ideas and nobody to consult, I spread baking soda in the keybed and came back a few days later to check things out.  I think I vacuumed up the baking soda and spread some more, less than the first time.

I think I laughed through the job, that way I didn't, you know....

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois