[CAUT] center pinning changes/ long pin method

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Sep 11 12:25:57 MDT 2007

Hi Joe,
	I cut them in half, one set for the university, the other for home
shop. I didn't find I needed that much length, but others might. I
tried pulling the whole length all the way through, and just found it
too clumsy and unhandy to do. The half length was better, but I
decided for the time being I like the back and forth action better. I
actually use about 8 inches at this point, back and forth very rapidly.
	It is really nice to have the full set of sizes, in part so I could
make Mannino style broaches for the full range of pins (roughed up a
short section with a file) for when I do need to remove some material.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu