[CAUT] Filemaker templates

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Sep 8 16:35:55 MDT 2007

On 9/7/07 11:45 AM, "Jim Busby" <jim_busby at byu.edu> wrote:

> Dave, others,
>
> There it is. It is PC and not Mac. One of our former student techs made
> it and he's not here anymore so... you're on your own!
>
> Jim
Hi Jim,
    Filemaker is cross platform, and will open in both Windows and Mac. Your
file requires FileMaker 7 or higher. I opened it fine on my Mac, but it
wasn't very useful as the various databases weren't included. Every time I
tried to "go somewhere" or open something I got an error message saying "X
database not found" - "Receivables" "Payables" "Piano" "Maintenance" "Shop
Inventory" etc.). I think you need to send the entire folder, not just
whatever it was you sent which seems to be just the main portal. If you
don't want to broadcast all your details for everybody to see, you could
make copies and delete all the records from them, so all that would appear
would be the templates of each of the databases.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico