[CAUT] Pure Sound M scale

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Sep 4 12:12:48 MDT 2007

With all due respect to Juan... thats kind of a bunch of balderdash.
Bonemens doesnt even do bass strings to begin with.  And to my knowledge
Juan doesnt get a penny for any copy of it sold.  Secondly... there are
several spreadsheets available both for sale and for free out there, and
a couple of them have the ability to run numbers on different kind of wire.

I have to admit, I get a bit tired of all the protectionist nonsense
that gains no one a darned thing in the end... and just keeps the
general awareness of piano facta down just that much more.

I would put it to Juan, and others ... that the more folks look at
scales and understand them, the more they will rely on the services of
folks with experience in scaling instruments.

One has to off course respect Juans request in this instance... but it
strikes me as just another classic case of shooting oneself in the foot.

Cheers
RicB

    List,

    Ed asked if I could post the Steinway M scale for your "look see". I
    asked Juan and he told me NO. (Sorry Ed, Ron, others) I guess he feels
    "ripped off" that Scale Ripper could be given out for free when he spent
    countless hours helping develop the Bonamens program.

    Jim Busby BYU