[CAUT] CAUT testing model

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 11:57:24 MDT 2007

All this said about the test, when I would vote not to have a test for this credential.? The only test I can think of that would be even close to fair would be to have the testing committee visit an actual recital given by a reasonable artist and see if the demands are met.? A questioner could be given to the artist with appropriate questions about how the technician and piano worked to his favor.? Other than that the test will just be some sort of obstacle course with random, quasi-real-world hurdles to jump.?

?

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu

This test would only be valid if the?school had the budget to?keep the piano in excellent working condition. It wouldn't be fair to the tech, nor?the artist, to perform miracles on a piano that is in desperate need of new everything.?

Wim