[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Jeff Farris Jfarris at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 17 14:39:46 MDT 2007

Alan,

Exactly! I feel the same way, thank you. This piano feels good to me.
He knows it is in range for most people. He plays a LOT, and is
perhaps having some arthritis type symptoms. He just wants to know if
it can be a little better. I thought trying to remove just a hair off
the hammer tails might do it, but didn't want to go through the
trouble and expense for him if it still wouldn't be better enough. I
don't see how it couldn't improve a little. I might experiment with
that and the shimming the back side of the balance rail. I'll be sure
to re-check damper lift also.

Jeff

--
Jeff Farris