[CAUT] University based regional seminars

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 23:45:53 MDT 2007

If?I could add my 2 cents worth. Back in the mid 80's,??the Chicago and Waukegan chapters co-hosted a weekend seminar at Northern Illinois University. They used one of the class rooms a small exhibit room, and other classrooms for classes, and practice rooms for exams.?People stayed at either the union center, or at local motels. The banquet was also in the union center. It was well attended.?It's certainly worth looking into, but it needs to be a school that has the right facilities. The other thing to look out for, as Israel alluded to, is the?availability of?space. Just because it's fall or spring break, doesn't mean the music school is not using it's facilities for other events. Lot's of?local outside groups also want to take advantage of the music building during this time. And if UA is anything like other universities, they want money for those rooms.?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of