[CAUT] Journal delivery

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Tue Oct 9 12:49:38 MDT 2007

I just keep 2 copies there and rotate them out. I don't want to interfere with
the CD versions of past issues.  Acutally the CD versions are higher
resolution. I crunch down the files for online figuring that you will be looking
at them on a computer screen. The CD version also can do search
throughout all the issues.

One unexptected benefit of the online pdf is that the blind guys can use the
reader technology to read them aloud. (Actually the reader is built into
Acrobat Reader for everyone) This lets them get access to the Journal at
the same time everyone else (except for those not in Northern CA) does.

I also have audio tracks at
www.ptg.org/audio/
These are login for members only also and are mp3 files of Ben McKlveen
reading the Journal. They are one to two months behind because of the
production schedule. They are produced on cassette for our lower tech
technicians and then I convert them to mp3. I use these like a podcast and
download them to my Ipod (Now iPhone!!!!) and listen to them in the car.

ron

On 7 Oct 2007 at 19:12, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Grin... you mean there was only ONE representative in the whole of the
> country to have had any semblance of farsightedness's ???
>
> btw... Thanks for the information Ron on the Journal on line... I seem
> to have missed that. Are previous months available there as well, and if
> so how far back are you going to keep them online and available to members ?
>
> Cheers
> RicB
>

>     Where you live is in a time warp, not just another time zone. The
>     combination of the SF smug and the indescribable Berkeley uniqueness has
>     created a physics abberation. On the other side of Berkeley from you is
>     Oaksterdam and the Representative for the House in that area was the
>     only
>     vote against the Iraq war. You guys must be out of phase with the
>     rest of
>     the world.
>
>     Keith Roberts

Ron Berry Piano Service