[CAUT] Aluminum hammer rail (Screw hole) repair

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Jun 27 18:09:21 MDT 2007

David,

Yamaha teaches to carefully do the "backwards feel" thread thing, but if
it does strip they sell oversized screws. If the oversized screw strips
out (Yes, we did have a gorilla working for us a while back) then they
will sell you a new rail.

That's when I found the heli coils to be valuable.

Regards,

Jim Busby