[CAUT] Steinway repetition center pin height

David Brown dcbrown5 at exchange.asu.edu
Mon Jun 18 09:56:47 MDT 2007

Dear Chris-

Thanks for your continued interest in this thread. The problem has been the
eternal compromise between the string line being too high and correct blow,
bore dip, etc. Well, we could get it right, but not if you actually wanted
to slide the action into the cavity! We raised the stack higher , still
clearing the pin block for insertion of the action, made small compromises
in the bore and finally got to 1 7/8 blow. We did find this all helped
convergence problems  and, as yet. No lock up problems.

Many thanks to all who contributed.

Have fun in KC.

Regards-

David