[CAUT] Steinway repetition center pin height

Chris Solliday solliday at ptd.net
Wed Jun 13 14:34:01 MDT 2007

Steinway repetition center pin heightDavid, you may want these American numbers from Mike Mohr's forefinishing notes.
model D : string height at #62 = 7 5/8"
               rep flange center    = 3 1/4"
               hammer flange center = 5 3/4"
note# 62 represents an AVERAGE STRING HEIGHT for the piano. String heights change from bass to treble usually in an arched or crowned manner.
Hammers are glued onto the hammershanks at the dimension of
 5 1/8"