[CAUT] recital hall size/ piano size

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Jun 13 07:34:51 MDT 2007

Our main recital hall seats only about 400 as well.  We've got 2 S&S D's
and 1 Baldwin D.  The Baldwin is mostly used as backup or for moving to
other locations when a big piano is requested.  In 20 years I've never
once heard a complaint or suggestion that a 9' Concert Grand was too
much for the room.  It's more likely that sometimes they still would
want more.   7' pianos work better in rehearsal rooms, but not on stage.

...another 2 cents worth~

dennis.
St. Olaf College