[CAUT] treating existing bridges in restringing

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 13:47:20 MDT 2007

>I would be interested in reading about what you do to treat bridges
>with CA or epoxy when restringing.  I have a pair of Steinway Ms that
>I will be working on this summer.

Pull the pins, resurface and renotch. Fill the holes with EpoxyTechnology 301
and paint it on the bridge top, refill holes as it soaks in. The
board is jacked-up
the surface is sealed with 301 thinned with acetone.

Re-drill pin holes and install nickle plated pins from Pianotek.
--

Regards,

Jon Page